Project STAR (R01DK119244; PI: Ross, KM)
We are looking for adults (aged 18 to 70) who live within driving distance of Gainesville, FL, and who are interested in taking part in a 16-week lifestyle weight loss program followed by a 20-month smartphone-based support program designed to help maintain weight loss.
Who is Eligible?
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 70
- Have no serious medical illnesses
- Are able to attend weekly group meetings for 16 weeks
- Own an Apple or Android smartphone
- Have a weight (in pounds) within the ranges below:
How long will the program last?
- The initial weight loss program lasts for 16 weeks (4 months)
- The smartphone-based weight loss maintenance program last for 20 months
- In total, your participation would last for 24 months (2 years)
What will I get for taking part?
If you are eligible and decide to take part, you will receive:
- Access to our no-cost weight loss program
- Compensation for completing study-related follow-up appointments
Where does the program take place?
The weight loss program and all study visits will occur at the University of Florida
If you are interested, please call us at 1-352-273-5235 or email us at ProjectSTAR@phhp.ufl.edu